Monday 28 November 2011

British man drags piano to top of mountain to serenade blind elephants

Mr Barton, 50, dragged his piano up a mountain in Kanchanaburi, Thailand, to help raise money for blind elephants.

He said: 'It was a 50th birthday present to myself. My wife and I have been working with blind elephants for many years, and I thought it might be something they would enjoy to listen to.

'I sat down and thought, what do you play to an elephant? 

'You only get a short time, so I started trawling through my books and then Slow Movement 2 from Beethoven's Pathetique Sonata just stuck.

'I had to drag the piano up a mountain - I have a really bad back, but I wanted to make the effort so I could feel like I had undergone a personal challenge.'

Yorkshire-born Paul now hopes to put on a concert with the elephants to raise funds for an electric fence for the sanctuary where they live.

taken from  http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/882849-man-drags-piano-to-top-of-mountain-to-serenade-blind-elephants#ixzz1f0zhgoAp

No comments:

Post a Comment