Wednesday 5 October 2011

Depp admits he’s overpaid?

Johnny Depp says he's overpaid to star in Pirates of the Caribbean, for which he's reportedly earned more than $300 million.
“Basically, if they’re going to pay me the stupid money right now, I’m going to take it,” Depp tells the November issue of Vanity Fair. "I have to. I mean, it’s not for me. Do you know what I mean? At this point, it’s for my kids. It’s ridiculous, yeah, yeah. But ultimately is it for me? No. No. It’s for the kids.”
PHOTOS: 10 Billion Dollar Babies: Movies That Have Crossed the 10 Figure Mark
Depp, 48, has two children, Lilly-Rose, 12 and Jack, 9, with partner Vanessa Paradis, 38.
But he also tells the magazine that there's "a part of me that needs to have this kind of stimulation to the brain."
He's come a long way from attending Scientology gatherings for $3 a meeting. “I went to a bunch, man. It was so great, it was so fantastic," he tells Vanity Fair.
PHOTOS: 'Pirates' Premiere
He's excited about his next project, The Rum Diary, which hits theaters on Oct. 28. He was researching his 1998 movie Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas with Hunter S. Thompson when they discovered the manuscript for The Rum Diary in Thompson's basement.
VIDEO: The Rum Diary' Trailer: Johnny Depp Drinks His Way Through Puerto Rico
"I pulled it out. I was like ‘What is this?’ Hunter was like, “Oh, s--t, The Rum Diary ... Hunter didn’t know it was there," Depp says.
PHOTOS: Penelope Cruz’s ‘Pirates’ Red Carpet Top 10
Depp still holds a grudge against Harvey Weinstein for putting 2004's The Libertine out in limited release.
"He made a choice to kill it, Harvey killed a great film," says Depp.
Depp also talks to the magazine about posing for photoshoots.
PHOTOS: Inside 'Pirates of the Caribbean'
"Well, you just feel like you’re being raped somehow. Raped ... It feels like a kind of weird -- just weird, man," says the actor, who doesn't mind posing with fans. "But whenever you have a photo shoot or something like that, it’s like -- you just feel dumb. It’s just so stupid.”

taken from http://movies.yahoo.com/news/johnny-depp--harvey-weinstein--killed-a-great-film-.html

No comments:

Post a Comment